Things I ate as a child




A look into what consisted of my diet between ages 0-4

Pumpkins were my nightmare. I hated them.  Most of the hatred came about not from them being the staple food of my babyhood but the way I was spoon-fed.  A huge pile of it would be squeezed into my mouth and then I’d be forced to chew it down quickly. It was always kept in a blue container which was full to the brim and it took me like fifty spoonfuls to finish eating everything. By the time I was done eating, I was sweating and my fear of that blue dish had grown more.
Soil. I ate a lot of humus and mostly was because of the smell it produced whenever it rained. Also during the time my friends and I would make cake from mud.
Hair. I was a biter and sometimes I bit off a bit of people’s head so that I could know what was inside their heads.
Chewed food. This is probably the grossest one on the list (trust me). There was this feeding style where when the food was hot the person doing the feeding had to put the food in their mouth and cool it with their saliva and then feed their baby with it. Gross, much?  So yeah I ended up having unwanted saliva in my diet. On the plus side, it boosted the bond between my mother and I.
Cod Liver Oil. I HATED THE TASTE OF THIS. Even the flavored ones were still equally bad.
Poop. I just wanted to know how my brown tic-tac looking poop tasted like. I was just curious don’t judge me.
Attention. I fed on attention from anyone who was in my presence.  I would jump, dance and scream.  I pity my parents for putting up with my antics whenever we went to church on Sundays because I was a nuisance.
Milk. From all my siblings, I was the last person to quit suckling at the age of seven. What can I say; I was just watching my health.
Butterfly. Just wanted to know how it feels to have them in my stomach.