scared of writing

I have been scared of writing for a long time. Most of which comes about with whether or not people will even like it or it will be just a waste of time. Time that I would be using to do something else ̶ which ends up with me spiraled in bed either sleeping or scrolling on my phone.  For the longest time possible, since the day I knew to hold a pen over a paper, I have always loved writing. When I was younger, around six years old, I would write stories on pieces of paper and then finish up by small illustrations and then I would give my mom who would read it and then ask me whether or not I am the one who wrote it. At around ten years of age, I wanted to write a novel. I wrote like three pages and then gave up because I was scared no one would like it. That is because most kids my age then (and even now) liked magazines and books with pictures.  I thought to myself no one would ever pay attention to this dump that I call a book. Only one of my friends liked to read novels and when I say novels I am saying the thick ones with small fonts and the ones just by sniffing a page they will make you sleep.  She was and still is the only one who has read almost everything (apart from my high school essays) that I have ever written.

The fear of me writing has been internalized for so long to the point that I feel like writing has become a burden which should not be the case for me. I still write but not as much. And I hope that by my everyday blogging of not less than a 300 words will help me overcome this.