I Look Like Her Ex

This is a continuation of a story that I posted yesterday. Read PART ONE first…

And so we headed down the veranda, turn left, through the door, walked straight, turn right and then left and up the stairs. By the time I was upstairs, I was out of breath.  The angry staring lady bumped into a lady who had worn a dark suit and cat-eye framed glasses.
ANGRY STARING LADY: Sorry. Mrs. Maina.
Mrs. Maina just stared at her angrily. Like the two had beef before. She looked at the broken heel and a wicked smile.
MRS. MAINA:  the next time you don’t watch where you are going it will be your face that I break. (ANGRY STARING LADY scoffs) Do not give me attitude because I am going to---
Angry staring lady didn’t let her finish before she raised her hand quickly and answered a call that she was receiving while walking away. This caused Mrs. Maina to be angered.
MRS. MAINA: I hope the call that you are getting is that your husband is leaving you for another woman.
She finished the sentence mid tears while walking away as I watched her. It looked like she was the one being left. The angry staring lady was standing at the entrance of the hall while gesturing me to follow her.
ANGRY STARING LADY: I faked a call because I wasn’t in the mood. Anyway there (pointing at teller with the number 5 marked on her booth) at number is where you will get what you are looking for.
ME: Thank you.
ANGRY STARING LADY: (fixing her hair) No problem.  (fixing her clothes) How do I look?
I reply with a thumbs-up. Before I can even breathe in, she was inside the office of the bank manager with a tag labeled ‘MR. MAINA’.
The lady at teller five was more hospitable. Helping to fill in the form. Telling me on the advantages of opening a student account like it didn’t have monthly charges. She encouraged me to continue saving money because a lot of people my age just open an account and leave it like that.  All seemed to be going well until she started insisting on my number.

HER: Your number?
ME: I just think that you got the wrong idea.
HER: I need your phone number?
ME: Sorry I am not looking for a relationship right now.
HER: (smiling) Oh no! I just want you number for this form.
I didn’t have a response because I was just stupid to realize that she wasn’t hitting on me. Turns out when people ask for your number especially in a bank they are not interested in you. I was done with her within a short time before she handed me a form and told me to go to one of the ladies sitting behind the computer.
As I walked to the lady seated behind a computer, I went past the door of the branch manager and I could hear the angry staring lady giggling and loudly saying,”Don’t stop! Faster! Faster!”I think that they were counting money. I took the seat that was opposite her and I was directly staring at her. She stopped doing whatever she was doing on her computer and started looking at me as if she had just seen an angel walk in.  She literally stopped typing on her keyboard and started looking at me, staring directly in my eyes. I could see a drool forming in her mouth.
ME: (resting my hands on her desk) I am here because I was told to come here since I was opening my bank account.
HER: (still staring)
ME …
HER: (snapping back to reality) Sorry about that? I was just thinking about my ex you look more like him. (I draw back, she notices my movement) Sorry. I didn’t mean like that.  So you said that you came here since you were opening your bank account.
ME: (nodded) Yes.
HER: Just give me a minute.
I did not wait for a minute but for almost ten minutes which at that time the angry staring lady had come out of the branch manager’s office still adjusting her hair. I really admire the great lengths women take to look good. She was even reapplying her lipstick.
The lady behind the computer started unbuttoning.
HER: It is kind of hot today, right?
ME: Wow! Now we are talking about the weather.
HER: No. it is just that you are hot.
This caught me off guard.
ME: (acting surprised) What?
HER: I meant that the computer was hot… I mean it is heating up and that is why is hanging so much.
ME: Ooh!
HER: (squealing in excitement) Oh look! It is now back! I don’t even know why it took so long.
ME: Hmm!
She continued typing her hands off while I sat facing her.
HER: So Bryan.
ME: I don’t remember telling you my name.
HER: It is just that you look similar to my ex so in my mind it felt like I was talking to him and he was called Bryan as well.
ME: ???
HER: (fishing out a camera from one of her drawers) I want you to pose for me.
ME: (standing up) Okay I can do that.
HER: No! No! Just sit down. It is just a passport size frame.
ME: (feeling dumb giggle) Oh well.
HER: (starts taking pictures while whispering slowly under her breathe) I bet these pictures will make him jealous. And he will come back begging on his knees. That son of a bitch!
ME: Huh?
HER: Sorry I was just coughing. We are all done.
She hands me a book on which she tells me to sign alongside my name.
HER: We are all done. Your account is ready. You can now use it. Come back for your ATM card sometime on Saturdays it will be readily available then.
ME: Okay. (smiling while starting to walk away) Thank you!
HER: (taking out her phone and tapping the screen a couple of times) Do you by any chance know this guy?
ME: (looking at the picture of a guy) No! I have never seen him but Jesus Christ we look so much alike.
HER:  That is what I have been trying to tell you son.  (I start walking away) I guess that I will call you?
ME: (turns to her) Umm….
HER: So that I can give you, your card.
ME: Oooh.
I waved her goodbye and she waved back. I went to teller five again and deposited all the money that I had before leaving the bank. I had not even taken ten steps out the bank when my phone vibrated in my pocket.
Unknown 4:21pm
HEY. I have a question can I send your picture to my ex in order to make him jealous.

I haven’t gone for my ATM card yet but when I go. I sure will let you know what transpires.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this is part of my weekly essays where I will be posting a new story every Sunday. Be sure to share to this story with others and also I will be making daily posts that you can read if you want to. Comment down below your thoughts and come back next week.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------