melodrama review

I listened to Lorde’s new album Melodrama and this is my reaction during my first listen

1.Green Light I was literally singing the whole song

“I’m waiting for it the green light I want it…”

2. Sober  at 2:38 the beat caught me off guard and this is a good party song

“ but what will we do when we sober”

3.Homemade Dynamite every early 2000s

now you know it’s gonna blow poooo!”

4.The Louvre They were so great together that could be hanged on The Louvre.

“Broadcast the boom boom boom boom and make your mouth dance to it…”

5.Liability this song is about me cause there was a time I saw myself as being too much for people

she is so hard to please but she is a forest fire”

6. Hard Feelings_Loveless the feelings that come with letting go of someone. At 4:05 Loveless begins.

“I will fake every single day until I don’t need fantasy”

7.Sober II(Melodrama) she sounds so rebellious

don’t talk about us…how we kiss and kill each other”

8. Writer in The Dark I love this song and made me tear up. She loves her lover unconditionally.

“Bet you rue the day you kissed a writer in the dark”

9. Supercut The flow in this is EVERYTHING. What I get from the song is that she does everything right.

“Oh it’s just a supercut of us…”

10. Liability (Reprise) another Liability in the album and equally just as amazing.

you are not what you thought you were”
11. Perfect Places THE SONG SOUNDS FAMILIAR maybe because I HAD LISTENNED TO IT BEFORE WHEN she put out the song the audio of the song on her YouTube channel.

“What the fuck are perfect places…”

 

The album is very different from Pure Heroine and it is lyrically genius and I give it a 10/10