Easter Saturday(?) Auditions

SATURDAY APRIL 17

DISCLAIMER: There is no such thing as Easter Saturday!!!

9:00 almost done with my chores. Thank God

9:27 lights go out just when my phone is screaming low battery! 

9:35 lights are back! my mini-heart attack is over and my almost dead phone is charging. this is true happiness people.

10:00 done with chores. i am finally happy and tired.

10:29 been texting for the past 30 mins and phone is at 60%

11:00 already showered and now ironing clothes that i am to wear. who even does that?😳


11:57 still in bed. texting. and watching videos. and tweeting. and liking and commenting. and stalking people.

12:39 in a matatu. the ones with big tv screens and super sized speakers. its playing a dj mix of early 2000 hits. the matatu is half empty even though people are getting in. 

1:39 finally in town. the CBD. the streets are empty because today is a public holiday. right now, i am walking past KICC while heading at Kencom and there are only five people in front of me. is this how the end of the world feels like.

1:44 eating smokies in a bus and I dont even know where the place i am headed to (chaka place) is. 😂 

2:16 chaka place is in the opposite direction of where i was walking. i am so smart!

2:20 arrived for auditions. sweating bullets and the more i wipe my face the more i sweat. also there are so many people over here. for christs' sake shouldnt they be celebrating easter at home or something but i guess money is the reason why we are all here. i walk to the balcony(look at the attached pic) just to observe watch people being people.


2:29 i finally register my name. and i am number 202. and the person who is in the room auditioning is number 73. time for me to sleep!


2:50 after walking around that place i finally seat down. and seat next to a girl who has a giant afro and for some reason i dont remember her name so lets call her H.

3:05 
Here are 5 facts about H and the fifth one will blow your mind.
-H lives in Lavington. 
-Has a small brother called Bryan. 
-She wants to be a cabin crew
-She is number 142 and has been here since 12 noon.
-She is also a model.

4:00 H is now gone to wait outside the audition room. I am so thirsty right now.

4:40 attacked by monkeys.

4:50 H has auditioned and given me her number and left.

6:00 Finally done with my auditions and going home even though i dont know what i did in that room. Ok I know what i did. they told me to imagine i was being shaved. my hair that is 😄.

7:50 just reached home in less than 2 hours. this is a new record especially if you know how crazy traffic is in Nairobi. To celebrate this, i finish watching 13 reasons why because why not.

-----------------------------------------
Just finished reading Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda and a movie on the book is currently being filmed with two actors from 13 Reasons Why - Alex and Hannah. This has given me a reason to live.