My First weeks in College

HI GUYS,



I don’t know if you have noticed this but I have not been posting over here for such a long time that it became worrying. No, I am not dead and still alive very alive in fact. I have just been busy settling in my new chapter of life which the title makes it very clear: college life.


I am in the University of Nairobi. I am not going to mention the course because it will be easier for you to track me down and know who I am. I like giving out challenges. HAHAHA. Anyway, I am three weeks in and I find it okay.


Excited, would least be used to describe me when I got the admission letter. It was three days prior to filming the YouTube video in the previous post and five days prior to the school’s registrations day. I didn’t attend the registration day because my dad had ‘connections’ and he could have the process hastened. PS: This is my first time using the word haste in a work. LOL all you want I don’t care.


Two days later, I had to go for orientation. This lasted three days. Of which, refreshments were served on the first day. I learnt a lesson that day. Not to be too choosy. I had said that I couldn’t eat the free biscuits and man did I regret my decisions. The rest of the day, I spent hungry; ok I exaggerated, only until lunchtime. The next day I planned to eat whatever was given but sadly there was nothing. I didn’t show up on Friday (the third day of the orientation) because it was basically going around so I was at home, in bed, editing my YouTube video.

 


The following week was when the classes commenced. Monday was a public holiday so I had to chill at home even after waking up early to prepare myself to go to school. Tuesday I had a lesson in the afternoon where the lecturer didn’t show up but we ended up forming a WhatsApp group and going home (or hostels) early. The week went on smoothly with sometimes having no classes because the lecturer didn’t come. With the classes I attended I wrote notes that are double-sides, four-paged A4 sheets long. And I had to shorten them the only way I could understand. This week on Monday, I had a psychology class. Which I unexpectedly enjoyed. One, cause the lecturer was chill. Two, I didn’t turn my page over as I wrote the notes. Third, the class ended at the right time.


So in the past days, I have met people who I have never thought I could meet. People who I schooled with the past and of course new people from different parts of the country. Like there is a guy in my class who comes from Lodwar. He only goes home during the holidays. Thank God I can go home any time I want to. I also met people that I know of. And I got along with them very nicely. College life is very different from high school. There is a lot of freedom. The type of freedom that you longed for when I was in high school. And in college, no one gives amercy (I use mercy instead of curse words like s#!t and f*ck) about who you are. Ok I am lying but as of now no one gives a mercy.



So I am going to leave here. Today I didn’t go to school cause they are having a peaceful demonstrations and I am going to do something exciting today. I hope it comes through. And I will share it with you in a future. As of now, bye and don’t forget to visit my YouTube channel. It would mean so much for me if you liked and subscribed to my channel.

OK BYE FOR REAL.

 





I AM CURRENTLY LISTENING TO FRANK OCEAN’S NEW ALBUM, BLOND AND IT IS SO GOOD. FAVE SONG IS SOLO (FEAT. ANDRE 3000) LISTEN TO IT AND YOU WILL THANK ME LATER. ADIOS.